Monday, November 20, 2006

WHAT'S ALL THE BLOG ABOUT?

I am reading so much on blogs these days, I thought I'd give it a try. There are many reasons to blog. Blogging for dollars? Create a blog to share your life with family and friends? Blog as a way of creating a simple and free "website"? Some blogs are more "website-looking" than others. This one, on the Blogger platform, is not one of them. It is just a blog, at least from what I can see so far. Although Google does allow their Google Adsense ads here, since it is their platform, which is a fun way to make a couple bucks without really trying.

My groups and interests are in the news category. I love things that are new. Things that are odd-but-true. Human interest. Urban Legends. Current events. I have started a collection of such bookmarks at del.icio.us.com where the bookmarks look like search results pages rather than just a list of titles. You can share these bookmarks with other people in your community who have similar interests as you, and they don't have to surf to find them. There's alot of good stuff out there these days, including another good social bookmarking site technorati.com where you can bookmark all your favorite blogs in one place.

If you have any cool sites to share, feel free to post it!

No comments: